During 1930s Rome became the third Italian industrial city, lacking the factories present instead in Turin, Milan, Brescia and Genoa, but with significant participation in the chemical-pharmaceutical and mechanical industries and in military productions. To name a few: FATME (1918, telephony, located in via Appia Nuova), Serono (1907-08, pharmacology, in via Casilina), Polverificio Stacchini (gunpowders and explosives, in Tiburtina area), Fiorentini (1919, heavy engineering, heavy equipment, in Tiburtina area), Aerostatica Avorio (1936, parachute and aeronautics, in Ostiense-San Paolo area), Alfa Romeo (1935-36, fixing military vehicles and manufacturing engines, in Ostiense-San Paolo area), OMI-Ottico meccanica italiana (1936, precision arms), Breda (1938, army factory, in Casilina-Torre Gaia area). Many other names could be cited regarding the production and manufacturing of public services (gas, energy, transportation). Moreover, a new industrial area was built just before the Second World War at Tor Sapienza (an area on the Prenestina road, a civilian suburb reclaimed in the Agro Romano). At Colleferro, a new factory-town south of Rome, founded in 1939, was seated the BPD- Bombrini Parodi Delfino, an important factory of explosives and propellents.